How To Clean And Maintain Your Floor Cleaning Equipment
Maintaining cleaning equipment is important because if your tools are stored incorrectly the bacteria you're trying to eliminate will grow right on or in them. Develop a tools cleaning and storage system and instill its importance in your workers. Make cleaning and storing tools a part of your entire cleaning system.
1. Clean and store the equipment after every use.
2. Remove any liquid that may have been contaminated.
3. Never put equipment away unless its ready for next days use.
Cleaning Floor Equipment
1. Empty and rinse recovery tanks after use. This will help prevent odors and prevent build up in the tank.
2. Solution tanks should be emptied as well. leaving solution in tanks will gum up filters and affect performance.
3.Clean vacuum ports and squeegee assembly before the dirt dries.
4. Clean or rinse the brushes or pads after every use.
5. Maintain and clean jets regularly so that they spray evenly. Soak them overnight in a descaling liquid to keep down mineral deposits.